Friday, October 26, 2012

Taylor Swift's media tour is "Red" hot!

Hello friends,

I hope that everyone had a great week and is looking forward to a fun Halloweekend. It's been a long busy  week, but I am more excited to go out and purchase Taylor Swift's new album "Red" than dressing up for Halloween.

"Red" was released on October 22, 2012, but Swift has been on a whirlwind media tour to promote her anticipated new album. She has been all over the place promoting her new album doing appearances on shows and performing for live audiences. I don't know when she has had time to sleep. This was her schedule for the week the album dropped:

October 22 (album release date)
- ABC'S "Good Morning America" 7:00 a.m.
October 23:
-ABC's "Good Morning America" 7:00 a.m. (performance in Time Square)
-"The Late Show with David Letterman" (live performance)
October 24:
- ABC's "The View" 11:00 a.m.
October 25:
-"The Ellen DeGeneres Show" (special concert performance)
October 26
- ABC's "Katie" with Katie Couric
-ABC's "All Access Nashville"
 
In addition to the daytime programs, Taylor Swift has also been on "Taylor Swift Week" on Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, E!News and Extra. She has also currently featured on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine and will also be featured in the November issues of Glamour and Marie Claire UK. Can you say busy?

I think that Taylor Swift and her team have done an excellent job promoting her new album. It was impossible to miss her this week or not hear about the album "Red." She was also very smart to promote her album across several different channels. Through the use of daytime television, late night televisions, publications and live performances, Taylor was able to reach her wide range of fans. What I also loved about the media tour was her wardrobe coordination. Being the fashionista that I am, I definitely picked up on all of the red she was wearing at each appearance. From red dresses, lipstick, nail polish and guitars, Taylor reinforced "Red." She looked amazing and I can not wait to go and purchase her new album.

Taylor Swift looking fabulous in red for her new album "Red"

Until next time,

Katie

p.s. I love the cheesy title of this blog post.... don't hate :)




3 comments:

  1. Katie, I'm not a huge Taylor Swift fan, but I do have to agree with you on this one. Swift's team has done a an excellent job of not only getting the word out about Red, but also keep the campaign consistent. (Although, wearing red for a week straight isn't really rocket science.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, first of all, I love your blog title.
    Secondly, I have to agree that Taylor Swif is a rockstar, in terms of presenting herself to the media.(Her music on the other hand, I feel like could be written by a third grader). However, that is irrelevent.
    I think the "Red" campaign was a huge success and Taylor consitently plays the role (or is it genuine?) of "American's Sweetheart." I don't know if I've ever read anything bad about her. Although I hate her music, I love her. Class act.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taylor is such a classy gal. Her campaign for Red has been a great success. The hype and breath-taking anticipation for this album has helped in addition to the team's efforts. I especially like all of the red outfits!

    ReplyDelete