Wednesday, November 14, 2012

36 Rules of Social Media



Hello friends,

I was on PR Daily News and found this wonderful graphic that contained 36 rules for social media. How appropriate right? I was really excited because all of the rules are things we have discussed in class and I didn't have to type out every rule in my blog. Take a moment to look over the graphic.



For those in my social media class, many of these rules are review. I will not talk about each one, but I will mention three rules that I liked the most.

#17. Update your page or delete it.
In the words of Michelle Govekar, "Duh!" What is the point of having a webpage if you do not actively use it? I get frustrated when I go to sites that have outdated content. It shows that either the company doesn't have the time or resources to update the content, or they don't care. If you want the target audience to actively engage with your company, your website must be up to date.

#19. Last year: pump out content. This year: optimize content.
This is such a great rule. How many of you get annoyed with a company that constantly pushes information at you that blows up your news feed, email, or Twitter feed? I know I do, because most of the time the information is of little value to me. You can reach your audience much more effectively if you send out less content that contains information that is valuable to the customer. Quality trumps quantity any day.

#32. Pinterest works.
I love it!! For those who know me, I am obsessed with Pinterest. I have also been conducting my research on a company's use of Pinterest so I completely agree with this rule. Whether people like it or not, Pinterest is a great way to engage your target audience and create brand and product awareness.

I hope that everyone enjoyed these rules as much as I did. Are there any that you disagree with?

Until next time,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment