Friday, October 19, 2012

My Emma Lou is growing up!

Hello friends,

As promised last week, I'm blogging about my baby sister Emma. There is no way she would let me get away with posting a blog about my brother Logan and leave her out.

Emma and I have a very close bond despite the eight years between us. There is no doubt that she is my mini me. I can't tell you how many people tell us we look alike. People that knew me when I was younger that also know Emma, say that she acts just like me. We are both very mature but we can be extremely silly. When we are together we are always laughing, singing and having a great time.

My baby sister is no longer the little Emma Lou that used to only wear basketball shorts and Under Armour shirts. She has grown into a beautiful young woman and I can't stand it. Emma now cares about her appearance,wears make up and likes boys. We have even had a few arguments over "borrowing" each others clothes. She just turned 14 this month and it dawned on me that she is no longer a little girl. Every time I see a new picture of her I cringe because she looks so old. My poor dad is going to have to find a way to keep the boys away from her.

This year has been an adjustment for Emma because she is now the only Jones kid left at our house. My brother lives in Ada with me, so she is like an only child now. I hate how little I get to see her, but she just recently joined the world of Facebook so I can keep in touch with her much easier. My mom wouldn't let her have a Facebook account for the longest time, but she finally broke down and gave her the go ahead. I love that she chose a picture of us to be her profile picture.

I am so proud of the person Emma has turned into and I never hesitate to brag to my friends about what a great athlete she is. Basketball has always been my sport, but Emma is the volleyball player in the family. Emma grew up in the gym, always following Logan and me to games and practices. She is creating her own path now and has become a beast on the volleyball court. She just recently won her second championship as a Gibsonburg Golden Bear, which has even more meaningful for me because I also won back to back volleyball championships in middle school. I could not have been more proud of her!

I love my baby sister and I cannot wait to watch her grow and succeed at whatever she chooses to do.

Until next time,

Katie

Emma and I celebrating our 14th and 22nd birthdays 
My Freshman year for Lil' Sibs Weekend
(she looks like a baby!)
Katie Bug & Emma Lou



Try and tell me we don't look alike

2 comments:

  1. This made me tear up! I love how just through you writing it is easy to see how much your little sister means to you. I know the joys of having sisters and I also know the downsides. It is so wonderful to see the beautiful relationship you two share together.

    My baby sister graduates this spring! Wait till Emma graduates, you'll really feel old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember how little she seemed the first time I met her freshman year! She has grown so much since then already! I miss my little sister (even though she is tough sometimes) all the time. I never really thought I would miss her as much as I do, but since we went to college I feel as though our relationship has gotten much stronger. I guess the saying is true, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." You and your sister are precious!

    ReplyDelete