Sunday, September 16, 2012

Podcasting for Dummies



Hello friends,


We've now switched back to David Meerman Scott's book, The New Rules of Marketing and PR.. This week, I got to read all about podcasting, and I might need to do some more reading. I have never done my own podcast or listened to one for that matter. Now I have been assigned to create my own podcast with another classmate for a grade. I definitely don't want to be the weak link, so I've found the chapter about podcasting extremely helpful.

This chapter featured some tips on starting a podcast. I want to share the ones that are going to save my butt.

Show preparation- This includes gathering ideas for the show and creating a script. ( I had no idea a podcast required a script.)

Recording when you are near your computer is done with a microphone that delivers audio into your computer. You need podcasting software as an interference to create and publish your podcast.

Phone interviews require a digital recording switch device, such as those that connect to your telephone. 

Post production editing sometimes includes running a noise-reduction program and sound compression. 

Tagging the audio involves adding text-based information about the audio to make it easier for people to find. This information is what appears in the search engines and audio distribution sites.

For those of you who already know everything about podcasts, don't laugh at me. I've just recently added my public relations minor, so I'm playing catch-up. This chapter was definitely a crash course, and I hope that the information it provided will help me to successfully complete my podcast assignment.

If anyone has any tips or additional information about podcasts that may help me out, please share!

Until next time,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment