Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Just Keep Breathing


//

Hello friends,

Today is only Tuesday, and yet, I'm already exhausted and ready for the weekend. For some reason, yesterday I realized everything I have on my plate and it hit me right in the face.I became super overwhelmed and had a bit of a mini meltdown. Now I'm not a crazy person, I just don't think that I've come to terms with the fact that I'm a senior, and soon I will be starting my life in the big girl world.

There were many factors that led to my Monday from hell.
 1. It's already week five.
 2. My school work is piling up.
 3. Basketball starts in a month, and I don't feel mentally prepared.
 4. I'm stressing about finding a job after school.
 5. I don't feel like I have enough time to fit everything I need to get done into my schedule.

Thank God I have great parents, because I called them both yesterday for emotional support and guidance.
My mom gave me very little sympathy and basically just told me to suck it up. Even though I was a little irritated with her, she was right. I have been juggling a full schedule my entire life. I know that I can handle the work load, I just don't always handle my stress the best way.

An important person in my life sent me this text the other day and it really helped me put everything into perspective.

   "I know you're feeling a bit stressed out, but you need to remember that nothing worthwhile comes easy. That is something that you can relate to in a few aspects of your life; finishing college, finding a job and basketball. I don't need to tell you this, but you just need to stay positive. Things could be a lot worse, and you have hundreds of people who love you and support you. Just think how amazing traveling will be after all of your hard work. Keep smiling."

I really needed a pick-me-up like this to help keep everything in perspective. Things could be so much worse, and I am very fortunate to have my family, friends and the opportunities that I have. I just need to take a deep breath and stay focused.Hopefully the rest of the week will go a little smoother and I will refrain from any more mini meltdowns.

Is anyone else already overwhelmed with school, or am I loosing my marbles?

Until next time,

Katie

Pintrest is a wonderful place to find quotes to keep you positive, inspired and motivated!
This is how I try to live my life on a daily basis even when it is difficult to do so.
:]


1 comment:

  1. I will always support you, love you and tell you the truth. :) You wouldn't know what to do if sugar coated it. ;) Keep calm and carry on baby girl-- I have faith in you!

    Love ya!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete