Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Bears Are Off To St. Louis!

Hello friends,


This post comes to you from a bus bound for St. Louis. My teammates and I are away for the weekend for a tip-off tournament at Washington University and I couldn't be more excited. We have been working so hard since we got to school in August and we finally get to play. Practice gets really old after a while and we all get tired of playing against each other day in and day out.

The bus ride will probably be the worst part of the whole trip. It's about seven hours, and for those of you who have never had to ride on a bus for the long, it is no fun. Thank God I'm with my best friends. They make the ride much more tolerable. We made sure we brought our pillows, blankets, Ipods, movies and plenty of snacks. Everyone loves puppy chow, so we made sure to bring a few bags to share. A few girls even brought homework to work on to pass the time.

Once we get to St. Louis, we have to go to practice. This should be interesting after sitting on a bus for so long, but we have to suck it up because we play Lake Forest tomorrow night and we have to be ready to go. Once we are done with practice, we all have to get dressed up to go to a banquet hosted by Washington University. It's going to be a long day, but I would rather be here with my team then at school.

It's so hard to believe that this is my last tip-off tournament ever. Four years has gone by so fast and even though basketball has had its ups and downs, I would not trade the memories I have made with my teammates for anything in the world. These are the times that I will miss the most when I leave Northern. My team is my family, and I have loved every single moment with them.

We have set big goals for ourselves this season. Last year we came so close to an OAC championship, but this is our year. All of the seniors are determined to leave a mark on this program and finish with a championship. Everything we have worked so hard for and the goals we have set for our team starts tomorrow. Tomorrow is the last first game of our careers and we plan on making the most of it.

Our motto this year is "We decide." Only we have control over the outcome of our season, and tomorrow we will decide to start it off with a win.



Until next time,

Katie

4 comments:

  1. WORK HARD, HAVE FAITH, HAVE FUN AND YOU WILL SUCCEED! GO BEARS!

    lOVE YA!

    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the wonderful trips to Wash U!
    You are completely right, the bus ride is probably the worst part. I never minded too much though, because I always used it as time to catch up on some sleep.
    Good luck this weekend and with the rest of the season!
    It's crazy how fast these last few years have went...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Bears! At least you're making good use of some of the bus time getting school work done, I was never that productive on the bus. Congrats on your first of many wins this season! Get a few more this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck this season Katie! It's your senior year so hopefully you guys do awesome. I remember freshman year when we were roommates how dedicated you were in basketball. Go bears! Good luck with all of it! :) Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete