Monday, October 29, 2012

Postal System Blues

Hello Friends,


I'm sorry for another color in the tittle of my blog post, but it describes the way I'm feeling right now. Lately I have lost all faith in the U.S Postal System. I don't normally choose to use the snail mail, but I have a "pen-pal" for the first time in my life. We have sent a few letters back and forth, and I have even sent him a package. Did I mention that my pen-pal is from Scotland?

My problem with the postal system started about two weeks ago. I was supposed to receive a package for my birthday. My pen-pal told me he sent the package before my birthday so I was extremely excited. Normally it takes about a week to send something overseas, so I knew I was going to have to be patient.

Today is October 29. My birthday was October 16. I have been waiting patiently for almost two weeks and I'm starting to get really mad. Every day I come home from class and run to the door to check and see if my package has arrived. Each time I'm met with disappointment. My pen-pal is calling this week to track where my present is. He knows that it is currently in the U.S, but where at in this country is a mystery.

I'm going to continue to stay patient and hope that it shows up eventually. When it does, I will be the happiest girl in the world. The U.S Postal System is not my favorite right now, but if I want to continue to be an active pen-pal, I'm going to have to continue to use the snail mail.

Until next time,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment