Sunday, November 4, 2012

I Feel Your Pain Abby

Hello friends,

Before I go on with this blog, please watch this adorable girl express her frustrations with the election.

4 years old, Abigael, cries about "Bronco Bama and Mitt Romney". (Photo/Agencies)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjrthOPLAKM

First of all, how stinking cute is she? Second of all, I think every person in America can relate to her frustrations. We have been bombarded with so much political advertisement this election season. If I had a quarter for every commercial I've seen or heard about either candidate, I could probably pay off my student loans.

Every election is the same. We have become accustomed to dealing with all of the political campaigns, but this presidential election feels different. The messages are all so negative. All of the commercials are basically a way for one candidate to bash the other. Most of the information is taken out of context and the sad reality is that many people base their decision solely on these commercials. I think the biggest reason why Abby and the rest of the country are so overwhelmed is the amount of political advertisement that we have been subjected to. "Bronco Bama" and Mitt Romney have gone a little overboard. You can not turn on the television, radio or surf the internet without being forced to watch or listen to a political advertisement. My Spotify Radio and Hulu even have commercials and it drives me insane! I was actually surprised that there wasn't an Obama advertisement before the YouTube video I posted.

Maybe the advisers of each candidate should have taken a different approach to the campaigns. I think that if the ads weren't so negative and focused more on the plans that Obama and Romney have for our country, they would be better received. Poor little Abby has every right to be frustrated with the election; it's impossible to get away from it. Thankfully we vote on Tuesday and the political nonsense will start to die down. Then we can all go back to watching television without be interrupted by another commercial that is approved by "Branco Bama" or Mitt Romney.

Until next time,

Katie



3 comments:

  1. This video is adorable, yet at the same time it is so true to the feelings of many individuals. I think you expressed the thoughts of many, many people. These presidential campaigns have gone on long enough! It seems like everywhere you turn are ads, commercials, or some news coverage on what the candidates are doing. I feel the exact same way Abby does sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel her pain too! I was watching football today and witnessed three campaign ads in a row. I was so annoyed. I know the election is extremely soon, so it makes sense that we are being barraged with ads. But it's just that, barraged, and for me it's only making me more annoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is the cutest thing ever! I think it is completely ridiculous how negative almost every advertisement is concerning the election. Everyone keeps pointing fingers blaming each other for mistakes that have been made in the past. We need to focus on the future-it upsets me too. I feel like Abby does too! I am more annoyed than anything with the election and I can't wait for it to be over.

    ReplyDelete