Monday, October 15, 2012

Brother Sister Time

Hello friends,
Logan and I at his high school graduation

Last night I was sitting with my brother Logan doing homework and watching Netflix. This doesn't sound like a thrilling evening, but it meant a lot to me.

My brother is a Freshman in college this year at the Ohio State Lima branch. Instead of living in Lima, he decided to live in Ada and commute. Now I know that Ada Ohio is not a thriving metropolis and he may not love it the way that I do, but I absolutely love having him here.

Logan and I have always been very close and I was so excited that he was going to be living in the same town as me. Not only does he live in Ada, but he also happens to be my neighbor. We live just down the street from one another. He had been home for the weekend, so my mom sent down my favorite Chinese food for my birthday.

We sat in his living room and ate while we watched the show Blue Mountain State on Netflix. I enjoy the little moments like that because even though we live down the street, we don't always see each other as much as I would like. Last night we made a pact to make an effort to spend more time together because there is no reason why we should go a week without seeing each other.

I am so thankful that I get to spend more time with Logan my senior year of college because after this year, I'm not sure where I will end up. Most siblings don't get the opportunity go to school in the same town at the same time. We are half way through the first semester and we will definitely make the most of the rest of the year together.

In order to prevent sibling jealousy or hurt feelings, I want to give a shout out to I my baby sister Emma. I absolutely adore her and I will blog about her another time.

Until next time,

Katie



2 comments:

  1. That is so exciting that he is living right down the street from you! It's very cool that you get to spend your last year at ONU with your brother. And I'm sure it will benefit him as well because you will be there to show him the ropes of college for his first year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you two live so close! I am jealous, however, that you guys get along so well. If my brother was my neighbor we'd probably kill each other. :)

    ReplyDelete