Sunday, December 9, 2012

Come On People!

Hello friends,

I hope that everyone had a great weekend. While I was reading through Regan's PR Daily, I found an alarming article that needed to be addressed. The title, More Babies Named after Apple Devices. Now when I read the title, I thought it was a joke. It  was not.


The article confirms my theory that there are crazy people that live in this world, and some of them shouldn't be able to reproduce. According to a CNet.com, there has been a 12 percent spike in boys named Mac and a nine percent spike in girls named Siri. Come on people! I know that Apple is like the best thing since sliced bread, but think of the children! I love my Ipod and I'm sure that I would love an Iphone or Mac computer if I had one, but do people really love these gadgets enough to name their babies after them?

This new trend just makes me sick. I just can't believe that new moms and dads aren't creative enough to think of an actual name. On an semi-related side note, I saw in the news that some crazy lady named her beautiful new born baby girl Hashtag. What is wrong with the world? Technology is an everyday part of life and has been a huge advancement in our society, but people, do not name your children after electronic gadgets. Please and thank you. Maybe try out those "creative" names on a cute little pet.

Until next time,

Katie

2 comments:

  1. This is ridiculous! I can't believe people honestly name their children this. It is like that one actress who named her daughter Apple. Why do these people think it is okay to name their children these things!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, wait! People are actually doing this?! I can't imagine naming my child after an Apple Product...I don't even think any of those products have names that are relatively close to being "human." I'll be on the look out for people named, I-Pad, Mac (which is kind of close to a name), and Apple in the future years. Maybe I'll even meet someone named I-phone.

    ReplyDelete