Sunday, September 9, 2012

Thank God for Facebook

Hello friends!

This summer I was fortunate enough to go to New York City with a few of my friends from my internship. We had an amazing time exploring the city and hitting up all of the "touristy" sites. After evaluating  my trip, one of the best nights we had in the city was at Pacha Night Club. Being from Northwest Ohio, I've never been to a club like Pacha before. Large cities all over the world have Pacha franchises, so the fact that I actually went to one was pretty awesome for me. The atmosphere was absolutely amazing and there were so many people. The night we went, Thomas Gold was the featured artist and the music was so good. It was probably one of the most fun nights I have ever had

I had such a good experience at the club that I decided to add Pacha NYC to my Facebook page. Now I receive frequent updates promoting new artists and upcoming events for the New York franchise.

When I view Pacha's page and look through all of the pictures and events, I wonder, "what did companies do before Facebook?" I think that we take for granted the impact that Facebook has had on businesses because our generation has grown up with the technology. Social media has become second nature to us, but when you stop and think about what it has done for establishments like Pacha, it's pretty remarkable.

In a world that is now so connected, Facebook has allowed companies to reach the masses and  put out the necessary content that they want their target audience to read. For example, Pacha's page displays pictures and videos of upcoming featured artists. The club has also included a link that allows people to pre-order tickets.I'm sure that prior to the invention of Facebook, clubs like Pacha had other effective methods to promote their events. I don't think that promotion gets any easier than with social media. The Pacha Facebook page has allowed for loyal followers to do their own promotion for the club. Thousands of fans have liked the page, and people from all over post  about events and their excitement for upcoming artists.

Even though I wont be going back to Pacha any time soon, I still enjoy getting updates. I think that whoever is in charge of their social media does a great job. The promotions always grab your attention without being obnoxious. What is so great about having a Facebook page, is that it allows the followers of Pacha to form their own community. People from all over the world who have experienced Pacha New York are able to connect with each other, and Facebook has made that possible.

I know that this is not new information to anyone. Most people have a hard time imagining what life was like before Xanga, MySpace and Facebook. Being that I will most likely use social media in my future job, all I can say is "Thank God for Facebook!" Mark Zuckerberg has made my life so much easier.

Until next time,

Katie


1 comment:

  1. That does seem like quite the experience! Personally, I have never been to a club (but it's one of my life goals [which is sad]). but I would have to agree that Facebook really is the main reason for a lot of successes.

    For example, even though SPC still does the basic publicity for our events (bulletin boards, posters, little gimmicks), the biggest one definitely has to be Facebook. It makes it so easy to get the word out there about events!

    ReplyDelete