Friday, November 23, 2012

Gobble Gobble Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello friends,

I'm sure that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hopefully the food was excellent and everyone can still fit into their jeans. It is tradition that families get together and eat lots of food. I'm not sure about anybody else, but my family's Thanksgiving gatherings are not just meals.They are more like all day affairs.

For as long as I can remember, we have spent almost all day with my family for the holidays. We show up early, help with the food preparations and have a few drinks. My dad has always said it is rude to show up just as the food is being put on the table. He likes to get there at least an half hour early, but with my family, that is not always possible. After we eat, we always stay for about the rest of the day catching up and telling stories.

I am so blessed to have the family that I do. That sounds really cliche and I'm positive almost everyone tweeted that on Thanksgiving, but I really do mean it. Both sides of my family are very large and very close. On Wednesday, we went to my Grandma Barb and Grandpa Rod's house. My mom has four sisters and all but one of them have three kids. Most of my cousins old enough to have a significant other, so you always have to add them in too. My Aunt Mo also had her foster child Baby Joey. He has started to walk and he was into everything. The food was great and I was so happy to get to spend time with everyone.

On Thanksgiving we spent the day at my Grandma Sandy and Grandpa Phil's house. My dad has two sisters and one brother and all of them have three children. Most of my cousins are close to my age and I three of them are much younger. Two of those families live down south, so they couldn't spend Thanksgiving with us. Even though we didn't have the whole family there, the house was still full. The food was delicious, but the company was even better.

The great thing about both of my families, is that we all get along so well. We can spend the whole day together without driving each other crazy. Everyone is busy with their own lives, so we don't get to spend time together often. When we do get together, I enjoy every single minute. Thanksgiving was fantastic and I can't wait until Christmas when I can see them all again.

We had a little bit of a photo shoot on Thanksgiving.

The Jones kids

The only girl grandchildren out of nine
Until next time,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment